Cradle Mountain Lodge offers a selection of activities and tours that can be enjoyed during your stay. Below are some of our most popular.
*Please note: National Parks Pass is required for all tours into the National Park, available at the Lodge reception.
Due to COVID-19 and the construction work around the Dove Lake carpark our activities have been slightly modified.
We welcome guests as well as day visitors to join our activities and tours. For information and bookings contact our reservations team on 1300 806 192 (within Australia) or +61 3 6492 2103 (International) or email [email protected]
PARK DISCOVERY TOUR
Journey into the Cradle Mountain National Park and explore the raw beauty of this World Heritage listed Area.
$40 per person (excludes National Park Pass), all ages, children under 12 years free, 2 hour duration.
DOVE LAKE GUIDED CANOE TRIP
Glide over Dove Lake on this 5km guided canoe trip and see Cradle Mountain as no one else can. This is an exclusive 4 hour (half day) activity appropriate for people with a moderate level of fitness.
Grade: Medium/Hard. $95 per person (excludes National Park Pass), minimum age 12 years, 4 hour duration, operates seasonally.
WILDLIFE SPOTLIGHT DRIVE TOUR
A unique 1 hour drive tour into the National Park discovering the varied animals that call Cradle Mountain National Park home.
$40 per person (excludes National Park Pass), all ages, children under 12 years free, 1.5 hour duration.
FLY FISHING TUTORIAL
We offer a 1 hour long tuition in the delicate art of fly fishing.
$30 per person, minimum age 12 years, 1 hour duration.
DOVE LAKE GUIDED WALK
Accompany our guide on one of the most popular of Tasmania’s 60 best walks for this half day activity.
Grade: Easy/Medium. $40 per person (excludes National Park Pass), children 12-16 years $20, 4 hour duration.
CRATER LAKE GUIDED WALK
This beautiful walk takes us through a variety of plant communities as we travel to Crater Lake an return via Wombat Pool on this half day activity.
Grade: Medium/Hard. $40 per person (excludes National Park Pass), children 12-16 years $20, 4 hour duration.
This walk joins our guide as we take one of Tasmania’s best 60 walks on a short interpretive journey.
Grade: Easy. Complimentary for Lodge guests (requires National Park Pass), all ages, 1 hour duration.
WATERFALLS GUIDED WALK (LOCAL NATURE WALK)
Join our guide on this magical journey through rainforest and experience the wonder of our least known waterfalls.
Grade: Easy. $20 per person (excludes National Park Pass), children under 12 years $20, 1 hour duration.
NATIONAL PARK SHUTTLE BUS
A shuttle bus operates from the National Parks Visitor Centre to/from Dove Lake. The service is seasonal, check with Reception for timings.
ACTIVITIES TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Cradle Mountain Lodge reserves the right to modify tours without prior notice
- A booking may be cancelled within 2 days of the reservation with no penalty
- In the event a tour is cancelled by Cradle Mountain Lodge a full refund will be made
- Participants booked on half or full day activities must be of adequate fitness suited to the activity and complete a health questionnaire and Cradle Mountain Lodge indemnity form
- All activities and tours are subject to change due to weather conditions
- All tours require a National Parks Pass which is an additional charge to the cost of the tour (available at Lodge reception)
- Not all activities and tours are operated daily. Please check with the Lodge on arrival for availability of activities of choice