Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge is widely considered one of Australia’s iconic wilderness experiences. Located on the edge of the spectacular World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, one of Tasmania’s premier wilderness regions.
Discover the only Australian experience selected in Lonely Planet’s ‘Top 10 Extraordinary Places in the World to Stay’ in 2014
Just 2 hours scenic drive from Launceston and 1.5 hours from Devonport, this superb escape showcases the best Cradle Mountain has to offer with warm hospitality, sensational local food and wine, indulgent spa treatments, breathtaking scenery and magnificent wilderness surrounds.
Set discreetly within the wilderness setting, the Lodge offers 4 different styles of accommodation, from the contemporary Pencil Pine Cabins to the luxurious King Billy Suites.
Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge provides the perfect haven to escape, rejuvenate, indulge and explore.
- 2015–Conde Nast Traveller – Readers’ Choice Top 25 Resorts, Australia & South Pacific
- 2015 – World Travel Awards – Australia’s Leading Green Hotel
- 2014 – Lonely Planet Extraordinary Places to Stay in the World List
- 2014 – 10 Best Hotel Spas Waldheim Spa, Gourmet Traveller
There are a number of road closures around Tasmania at the moment that are affecting accessibility to Cradle Mountain.
- The Kimberley bridge in between Elizabeth town and Railton on the B13 is closed until further notice as the bridge has collapsed.
- The C138 from Mole Creek to Gowrie Park is inaccessible as the road has been closed due to the recent flooding.
- The C137 however from Mole Creek through Paradise just outside of Sheffield is open and a good way to bypass around the closures.
- For additional information please refer to the Tas police and Kentish council websites to get the most up to date information.
For more information feel free to contact us on (03) 6492 2100. Drive safe and see you soon!