Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge is widely considered one of Australia’s iconic wilderness experiences. Located on the edge of the spectacular World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, one of Tasmania’s premier wilderness regions.
As seen on Australia’s Next Top Model on FOX8, book your “Model at the Mountain” package.
Just 2 hours scenic drive from Launceston and 1.5 hours from Devonport, this superb escape showcases the best Cradle Mountain has to offer with warm hospitality, sensational local food and wine, indulgent spa treatments, breathtaking scenery and magnificent wilderness surrounds.
Set discreetly within the wilderness setting, the Lodge offers 4 different styles of accommodation, from the contemporary Pencil Pine Cabins to the luxurious King Billy Suites.
Peppers Cradle Mountain Lodge provides the perfect haven to escape, rejuvenate, indulge and explore.
- 2015–Conde Nast Traveller – Readers’ Choice Top 25 Resorts, Australia & South Pacific
- 2015 – World Travel Awards – Australia’s Leading Green Hotel
- 2014 – Lonely Planet Extraordinary Places to Stay in the World List
- 2014 – 10 Best Hotel Spas Waldheim Spa, Gourmet Traveller
There are a number of road closures around Tasmania at the moment that are affecting accessibility to Cradle Mountain.
- The C138 from Mole Creek to Gowrie Park is inaccessible as the road has been closed due to the recent flooding.
- The C137 is open. From Deloraine you can still use the B12 road towards Mole Creek however turn off on the C137 past Mole Creek and cut through Paradise which will bring to the C136 then turn left onto Cradle Mountain.
- The C156 is closed between B13 and C157. Continue on the B13 to Railton, the take a left onto the B14 and follow the signs to Cradle Mountain.
- For additional information please refer to the Tas police and Kentish council websites to get the most up to date information.
For more information feel free to contact us on (03) 6492 2100. Drive safe and see you soon!
- The Pencil pine waterfalls walk has been closed due to the re-surfacing of the boardwalk.
- The Speeler track will also be closed for some time as this un-maintained track is dangerous to navigate at the moment.
- Please keep in mind, these walks have been closed for safety reasons by Parks and Wildlife and will ensure they are fixed to a safe standard allowing all visitors to enjoy the wonders of Cradle Mountain and the National Park. We do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.